Welcome to Townes of Coppermill Property Owners Association Website
Welcome to any new home owners within the community
We are thrilled about the interest the community is showing in our organization. Last month, several neighbors joined to work toward improving our community. We can't wait to get to know them a little better during our upcoming projects.
Click here for more news about our organization.
The Townes of Coppermill community is located in Western Fairfax County, VA directly to the south of the city of Herndon and of the Dulles Toll Road, to the east of Washington Dulles International Airport, and to the west of Reston. The property is comprised partially of 264 acres on what was once the McNair family dairy farm. Our planned community is comprised of 218 townhouses.
For residents, please use this website as your primary source of information about activities going on within the community. We will post minutes, and any other document updates as soon as possible.
We plan to utilize this website as our primary method for communicating with residents of this community. We are hoping to make our neighborhood a better place step by step.
Thank you for your interest in our community.
Your Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors is looking for volunteers from the community to assist with our numerous committees. We are seeking volunteers for the Parking Committee, the Architectural Committee, and a new Community Outreach committee that is designated to encourage communications with and participation by residents. There are other potential tasks the board has for this committee, but the overarching intent is to allow us to become a more cohesive and better communicating community of home owners. To inquire about these somewhat informal volunteer positions, please email the Board of Directors for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information about the committees can be found here.
For 2013, the Officers of the Coppermill Board of Directors are:
President: Howard Carlin
Vice President: Marisa Besselierve
Treasurer: Ben Paris
Secretary: Sherry Moser
Member at Large: Amar Singh
Annual Meeting Elections
A big congratulations goes out to Mr. Howard Carlin and Mr. Amar Singh for being elected to the Coppermill Board of Directors on 12/12/12. Many thanks to Mr. Tony Anderson and Mr. Greg Luongo for their service on the Board. The community is a better place as a result of their collective efforts.
DOMINION MANAGEMENT MERGES WITH STEPHENS MANAGEMENT - IMPORTANT INFORMATION
As announced after the October Board of Directors Meeting, our management agent, Dominion Management will fully merge with Stephens Management effective January 1, 2013. The Board of Directors has met with Nancy Stephens, who will be assisting Julie Thompson for management of the Coppermill community.
As a result of this merger, Homeowners that currently use the ACH option to automatically have monthly dues paid to the association will need to resubmit a new ACH form to Stephens Management to ensure that there is no interruption in payment. This information is being provided via the website on December 4, and via direct mailer accompanying the Annual Meeting notification that was sent on Friday, November 30. Given the ample notification, it is unlikely that late fees will be waived in case of late ACH payments.
The Board highly recommends the use of ACH automatic withdrawl to avoid accidental missed payments and resultant late fees.
The form download can be found beneath this paragraph as well as on the Forms page of this site.
Stephenes ACH Direct Withdrawl Form.pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [13.8 KB]
November Meeting Update
At the November Meeting, the Board discussed several important topics.
1) The Board of Directors will have elections at the upcoming annual meeting for the two positions that are up for election this year. Annual meeting notices have been mailed to home owners and include proxy voting forms and other information.
2) The Board voted to approve some landscaping work in the wooded areas to help assist with drainage, pest control (such as mosquitos/termites), trash, and the overgrown shrubbery that has overtaken many of our community's natural areas. This work will likely begin between the middle and end of December, 2012.
3) The Board voted on the amended parking and vehicle policy that mandates that all vehicles, while parked in Coppermill, must be "street legal" - meaning that they have current registration and license plate identifying information. If a car cannot legally be driven on Commonwealth of Virginia streets, it cannot be parked in a common space within the Townes of Coppermill. Vehicles that violate this policy shall be subject to IMMEDIATE towing without notification.
October Meeting Update: IMPORTANT DUES INFORMATION
At the Board of Directors meeting on Thursday, 10/25/12, the following topics were discussed with subsequent actions taken:
1) The 2013 Budget was passed which requires an increase in monthly Home Owner dues. The primary reason for the increase is the need to put more money aside in the Reserves fund to take care of the aging infrastructure within the community. Effective January 2013, dues will be $65 / month. This is the first of what are likely to be small annual increases over the next 3-4 years. The last time dues were increased was in the beginning of 2011. The 2013 budget can be reviewed at the request of home owners. Be on the lookout in your mail for updated Coupon Payment Books sometime in early - mid December.
2) Effective January 1, 2013, our management agent, Dominion Management will merge with Stephens Management Company. Julie Thompson shall remain as our property manager, but we will also be picking up the services and expertise of Nancy Stephens and her staff of four people. Stephens Management is a small business located near Leesburg, VA and has been in business for This merger should have little impact on home owners, however, we will be increasing the capabilities provided by our Management Agent. A notification will be mailed to all home owners with new contact information and a refrigerator magnet for Stephens Managment. Stephens Management can be located at the following Website. We have renewed Dominion/Stephens Management company for 2013.
3) To combat poor neighborhood practices, the Board passed a resolution amending the parking rules and regulations. All cars parked in common area spaces must display current license plates, registration stickers, and safety inspection information (if applicable). Vehicles without these pieces of information are now subject to immediate towing. This change will go into effect on November 25, 2012. If a vehicle cannot be legally driven in the Commonwealth of Virginia, it cannot be parked in a common area space within the community.
4) The Board has taken the recommendations from the Reserve Study, and has begun meeting with numerous contractors and engineers about improving the condition of the property. The following projects have been targeted for work in 2013.
- Volleyball Court improvements (reconstructing the timbers and rebuilding the court)
- Patching and Depth repairs to asphalt on multiple roadways within the Townes of Coppermill
- Sidewalk trip hazard concrete repairs
- Walking Trail Path Repairs
- Removal and/or reset of Fitness Stations along walking paths.
Additional updates from 2012 have been archived and can be found here