New Resident Information
New to the Community?
Here is some information you may find to be useful.
A list of the primary utility companies are below along with website links.
- Electric: Dominion VA Power
- Natural Gas: Columbia Gas of VA
- Water: Fairfax Water
- Cable/Internet/Satellite: Verizon FIOS, Cox Communications, DirecTV, DishNetwork
- Telephone: Verizon
The current monthly home owner association dues are $60. Beginning in 2013, monthly home owner association dues will rise to $65. A coupon book will be issued to you that contains the address to remit the dues to. Coupon books are issued to each homeowner in December for the upcoming year. Homeowners can set up automatic payment of their monthly dues by completing the ACH form. In some instances, direct and credit card payments can also be made through your bank's Online Bill Pay system, however you will need to provide information that can be located on your payment coupon.
Trash Days are Monday (Trash and Recycling) and Thursday (Trash)
Speed Limit in the community on all community streets is 15MPH
The Board of Directors conducts property inspections year-round to ensure compliance with the covenants agreed upon by our community. Inspections are broken up into two different varieties.
- Structural Inspections are conducted in April and August. Structural inspections primarily are focused on the house and its upkeep, appearance, and compliance with the covenants. These violations are likely to require the home-owner to hire a contractor to remedy the violation. Typical structural violations include painting of a faded copper roof, fixing a garage door, painting some chipping or peeling window wood, replacing shutters that have fallen off, or replacing siding that has been blown off.
- Transient Inspections are conducted year-round for trash cans, and between April and November for yard/landscape maintenance. In the winter months when vegetation is dormant, transient violations primarily occur with leaving garbage cans out after pickup or placing them at the curb well ahead of pickup day. In the summer months, yard maintenance is required roughly every 1-2 weeks. This includes weeding, mowing, edging, and any shrub maintenance. Board members routinely walk the community to identify non-compliant home owners whose yards are out of control.
Parking stickers are mandatory for Coppermill residents and owners. Please download and complete the form for the parking sticker. Read the parking regulations here for more information.
The polling location for our community is in the cafeteria of the McNair Farms Elementary School located adjacent to the Townes of Coppermill community. Voting days are generally the first tuesday of November unless a special election is called.
Information on voter registration, candidate information, absentee voting, and election dates/results can be found at the Virginia State Board of Elections website.